- For how long do you live in this area?
I live here for my whole life.
- Where are you from?
I’m born in the Black Forest and grew up with my parents and my four siblings.
- What do you esteem the most concerning your culture and origin?
I never thought much of what I esteem on my culture, maybe because I feel well where I live. To me, it is much more important how the people live their life -more than the so called “culture” they belong to.
- If you could choose freely – where would you live?
At the time I feel quite free to decide where I want to live and so the answer is: I would live right here.
- …your most important fellow(s)?
No idea. To me, important fellows depend on my present surrounding.
- What does your cultural background mean to you personally?
Like I told before, I never thought much about my culture. I feel free to change my mind. And of course I know, my behavior and my thoughts are influenced by my surrounding (or my cultural background), but so what – it is a part of my life.
- Do you want to share some thoughts about living in a world of different backgrounds and cultures, i.e. anything you have learned about it?
Mostly I learn from different expressions. Different people or different cultures force different expressions and at the time, while I feel free to choose my behavior within my background, I lock forward to new experiences. That means, I’m interested in people with another culture or another mindset and enjoy the possibility of a different view. On the other side, if I feel forced to change my life because of other conceptions, I rather try to take distance.